With winter already here it’s important that you keep your garage safe from water damage. Cars, soggy boots, and even recently used sleds can contribute to damage. But, have no fear, here’s an easy DIY to maintain your garage floors in this wet season.
What you will need:
- Broom and dustpan
- Scrub brush and cleaning product
- Waterproof epoxy or waterproof paint
- The first thing you’ll need to do is clear everything off the floor of your garage. Then inspect your garage for any damaged areas (cracks, holes, or seam). You’ll need to repair these before you waterproof anything.
- Clean your garage floor. Sweep and scrub the entire thing. You don’t want any dirt caught under the waterproofing. If you have oil stains we have another blog post with an easy way to remove them yourself here: http://academyoverheaddoor.blogspot.com/2014/10/diy-removing-grease-stains-in-your.html
- Use a waterproof epoxy or paint on your floor. Make sure to follow the given instructions on the pain or waterproof epoxy. Allow floors to dry.